Smt. Renu Sharma (Vice President)
An entrepreneur, a social activist, philanthropist, an advocate for various public causes, a mentor for budding industrialists and an advocate of women empowerment.
Address : C-207 Ground Floor Greater Kailash Part-1 New Delhi- 110048
E-Mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact No. : +919958892540
Spouse : JK Sharma
Expertise and Associations:
• CEO – Rajwarah Jewellers Pvt Ltd
• Vice President –National Executive Member of People of Indian Origin Chamber of Commerce & Industry (PIOCCI)
• President of Women Entrepreneur Cell Indo-American Business Chamber of SME
• President & Mentor - Beti & Shiksha Foundation
• Member – Antar Rashtriya Sahayog Parishad. (ARSP)
• Member - FICCI
• Member-PHD Chamber of Commerce
• Associate-Minerals & Metals Trading Corporation of India (MMTC) (Govt. of India undertaking)
• Associate-Handicrafts & Handlooms Corporation of India (HHEC) (Govt. of India undertaking)
• Associate Member – Fair Trade Forum India (to promote Fair Trade activities)
1) ACADEMIC BACKGROUND
• Graduate from Delhi University.
• Master of Business Administration (International Business) from Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (Deemed University), New Delhi.
2) WORK EXPERIENCE
Smt. Renu Sharma began her professional career in 1977 with Indian Express under the intrepid chairman of the Express group late Shri Ramnath Goenka who was a well-known crusader for ethics & fundamental rights in public life and freedom of the press in particular. She stayed with the group until 1985.
As an innovative entrepreneur, Smt. Sharma was the first woman to start an independent Offset Printing Press, which she utilized to establish a flourishing advertising network securing the accounts of industrial majors such as Godrej Philips, Escorts ltd., Prentice Hall of India, Northern Railway, Petroleum Conservation Research Association(PCRA) and Election Campaigns of a number of contestants in India & Nepal.
Her constant endeavour to find new business frontiers led her to promote Indian jewellery to destinations such as USA, UK, Singapore, UAE, Brazil, Pakistan, Kuwait and Bahrain, among others.
She even launched the first showroom of jewellery the ‘Tanishq brand by Titan’ of TATA group of enterprises.
She established the first model showroom by the name of Rajwarah Jewellers in New Delhi in 1993. Under her direction the firm developed into a highly successful retail chain for precious jewellery in Delhi and neighbourhood. She has even established a wholesale office by opening a Wholly Own Subsidiary in a Free Trade Zone in New York, USA ; through which their vast export and import activities are conducted.
Various design related activities include participation in National and International Trade Shows, in countries like USA, UK, Singapore, Malaysia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait and Brazil.
Notably, she participated as a jeweller in the India Show in Pakistan in 2005, as part of the trade delegation organized by the Indian Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
Recently in September 2016, she was Design Partner at an event in Lalit Hotel New Delhi where she was given the honour of giving away the awards to the winners of Retail Jewellers Guild.
Smt. Sharma specialized in international trade as part of an MBA degree at Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), New Delhi, a deemed university for international trade..She graduated from Delhi University.
Another dimension of Smt. Sharma’s professional achievements is her deep commitment to social entrepreneurship and empowerment of women in the cause of social justice. Her commitment to community service began while working with late Nanaji Deshmukh on his Chitrakoot Social Project. She was even associated with launching of the in-house magazine “YUGANUKUL NAVRACHANA” for the Chitrakoot Project both in English and Hindi.
As a director at the Centre for Bharatiya Marketing Development (CBMD) (a unit of Swadeshi Jagran Foundation) she helped organize Swadeshi Melas all over the country with “Boundless Bharat” as the theme, with participation of numerous Swadeshi Entrepreneurs. She is credited with introducing for the first time Khadi at a Ramp Show called "Paridhan Utsav" (Fashion Show) in Mumbai, Delhi and Chandigarh in India and Mauritius.
To encourage women entrepreneurs, Smt. Sharma felicitated a few outstanding women achievers with “Be the change "Stree Udhyamita Awards” in 2015 ( felicitating 25 women in Delhi) and 2016 (felicitating 24 women in North East and 22 in Delhi.)
In further efforts to acknowledge and reward independent women entrepreneurs, she has even organized avrious events in Guwahati at Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship in collaboration with Gandhi Smriti Darshan Samiti and Beti & Shiksha Foundation. The latter was started by Smt Sharma as an NGO.
As part of her social work, she supported significant events by raising sponsorships. Which included a debate competition at Janki Devi Memorial College “Women Emancipation is Possible Only through Economic Empowerment” to sensitize the youth to the relevance of women in economic development. She also participated in a seminar titled “Relevance of Empowerment of Women”.
Fulfilling her commitment towards society for various social causes she has sponsored the trophies to the winners at the 1st charitable football match between Members of Parliament and Celebrities that kick started by Yoga Guru Baba Ramdev to raise awareness on two flagship initiatives of Prime Minister Narendra Modi - Swatch Bharat Abhiyan and Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Mission.
Besides organizing and supporting the above events Smt. Sharma has been a consultant to “Believe India Foundation”, an NGO working for economic empowerment of women, issues and challenges faced by women entrepreneurs.
Smt. Sharma has even been in the forefront of undertaking research projects relevant to the issues related to women, “beti”, children and Gandhian philosophy.
Awards & Recognition
Recognizing her work, Outstanding achievements and individual excellence, Smt. Sharma has been presented numerous honors and awards including:
• 'Certificate of Merit' for outstanding Achievements & Unusual Talent in the field of Business Promotion by Research Council for Outstanding Achievers (Regd.) - 14 October 2001
• Award for 'Promoting Indian Women in Entrepreneurship' at the 11th Hospitality India & Explore the World Annual International Travel Awards - 2015
• 'Guest of Honor' for her contribution at Exhibition Excellence Awards - 2016 at India Expo Mart
• 'UN Women Achievers Award' on International Women's Day - 7 March 2016
• “Vocational Excellence Award” under the Category Women Entrepreneur in Social Sector by International Rotary