1. Worked as clerk, Salesman and then General Manager from 1959 to 1968 with M/s. J J Patel & Sons Ltd.
2. Established partnership Business with Venus Metal Ltd in 1968.
3. Started Kens metal Ltd. in 1974. Importing building hardware from India and other countries and distributing material in Kenya and neighboring countries in coordination with associated firms in Kenya.
4. Expanded the business by establishing a Non Ferrous metal foundry and metal works – Kens Metal Industries Limited in 1979.
5. At present Chairman of Kens Metal Group of Companies
Past Social Work History:
1. Chairman - Fairs and Exhibition Committee – Kenya National Chambers of Commerce & Industries.
2. Chairman – Disabled Employment Committee – United Nations Development Programme/ International Labour Organization. Helped in the formation of UNDP/ILO committee in Tanzania
3. Coordinating Hindus in 33 Countries of Africa in joining interfaith Councils of their respective Countries to carry out humanitarian projects directed and funded by various U.N affiliated organizations.
4. Founder Chairman-Kanbis Sports Club
5. Chairman-Board of Governors, Shree L.R.Pindolia Academy-Nairobi West
6. Secretary-Asian Foundation-Kenya
7. Member-Operation Recovery 1998-Committee created for the aftermath of bombing of American Embassy in Nairobi
8. Member-Population Census Committee 1999
9. Convener Gujarat Earthquake relief project 2001 under Hindu Council of Kenya
10. Chairman-Board of Governors-Eastleigh High School-Nairobi (Government School)
11. Past chairman Hindu Council of Kenya- a coordinating body of all Hindu Institutions in Kenya including Jain & Sikh
12. Chairman-Board of Trustees-Cutchi Gujarat Hindu Union-Nairobi Kenya
13. Trustee-Kalaniketan Shishu Kunj- A children’s organization-Nairobi
14. Trustee-Ruaraka Sports Club-Nairobi Kenya
15. Member Governing Council-Kenya National Chamber of Commerce & Industries
16. Member-Board of Governors_G.K. General Hospital & Medical College (A Government Hospital) Bhuj–Kutch-Gujrat-India
17. Trustee-Hindu Council of Kenya.
Past Social Work History:
1. Founder President – Hindu Council of Africa – a continental body working for Hindu and Indians cause in 33 countries of Africa in coordination with other international Hindu organizations.
2. Executive Council Member and treasurer of African Council of region Leaders
3. Elected international Hon. President for WCRP in November 2013 World Conference of Religions for Peace held in VIENNA-AUSTRALIA pan-a body having consultative status with UN with Head Quarter in U.N Plaza-New York
4. Hon. President and Trustee-World Conference of Religions for Peace (WCRP) International.
5. Chairman –Shree Laljibhai Ruda Pindolia Charitable Trust-KUTCH developing poor villages through education, health, sports, water retention project etc.
6. Trustee –Trustee – Kanbis Sports Club –Nairobi Kenya
7. Trustee-Kenya Society for the Mentally Handicapped.
8. Convernor of draught calamity, water rentention, agriculture and education assistance in Makindu county Kamboo District of Kenya
9. INITIATOR on improvement of agro products and marketing forum in Kutch-Gujarat.
10. INITIATOR Youth Economic Development Forum-Kutch-Gujarat
1. Order of Grand Warrior of Kenya-National Award awarded by the Government of Kenya in appreciation for serving the nation and people of Kenya. Awarded by H.E. Daniel Arap Moi, President of Kenya on 12th December 1999.
2. “PRIDE OF INDIA” GOLD AWARD-Presented by Non Resident Indian Institution - New Delhi on 9th July 2004 in London.
3. KUTCH GAURAV AWARD-by Chief Minister of Gujrat Shri Narendrabhai Modi on 26th June 2009.
4. 2012 Bhartavanshi Gaurav Award-By Antarrastriya Sahyog Nyas-International Cooperation Council) New Delhi-India on 1st February 2013
5. Sponsor of Honour-Awarded by UNICEF for sponsoring WATOTO KWANZA TRUST- for destitute children of Kenya. Presented by H.E. Daniel Arap Moi President of Kenya.
6. Appreciation Award-Business Advisory Council UNDP/ILO for employment of disabled people in Kenya as Chairman of Council.
7. Udhyong Ratna -Kutch-Awarded by Bahud Kutch-India 1991.
8. Outstanding Service to Community-Giants Federation of Kenya.
9. Dedicated Humanitarian Service Award-Lions Club International.
10. Citation- Shree Cutch Madhapar Patel Gnati Mandal –Nairobi.
11. Citation- Shree Cutch Kalyan Sangh -BHUJ KUTCH-INDIA.
12. Citation- Hindu Council of Kenya-Nairobi.
1. International Conference on Hinduism by Vishwa Hindu Parishad in 1995 as leader of Kenyan delegation in Durban, South Africa.
2. Conference on Social & Business Development of NRI/PIO by GOPIO-Durban South Africa 1998 and 2000 in New Delhi and Presented papers.
3. Conference on Social & Business Development of NRI/PIO by FICCI in Mumbai 1999 - Presented a paper on “NRI/PIO in Africa”.
4. Chief Guest at the opening of Ekta Mandir in Durban-South Africa in 2001.
5. Conference on HIV/Aids by World Conference on Religions for Peace (WCRP) in Nairobi June 2002 and June 2003 Abuja-Nigeria.
6. Conference – Pravasi Bhartiya Divas – a conference on NRI/PIO 9-11 Jan ‘2003 and Jan’ 2004 in New Delhi
7. Conference-On investment opportunities in Gujrat and joint ventures overseas with India 12th Jan’ 2004 and 12th January 2005.
8. 3rd International Conference Addressing ‘HUMAN RIGHTS CONCERNS OF INDIAN DIASPORA in New Delhi on 10th January 2013 and presented paper on the subject
9. 2016 AFRICAN EMPLOYMENT AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT Conference at NAIVASHA-Kenya from 5th to 7th May 2016
10. Many more conferences Nationally and Internationally relevant to my social positions with World Conference on Religions for Peace in Africa, Japan, Europe, America, Middle East, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Mauritius, Morocco, Ghana etc.
1. Born 12th May 1942 in Cutch India and emigrated to Kenya on 30th October 1952
2. Married to Puriben - 3 children, two sons and one daughter
Languages Known :
English, Hindi, Gujarati and Kiswahili
Interests & Hobbies :
Sports, Education, Social Services, Reading, businesses and agriculture
Main Aims are :
1. Keeping our original culture and religion alive through it’s teaching, serve human beings without any discriminations avoiding Mujrah being promoted in Kenya and other evils.
2. Work voluntary for as many National projects and committees this is making possible for Hindus and Indians to integrate with local people and show our loyalty to our country of adoption as KARMABHUMI to the same level with our MATRUBHUMI.
P.O. Box : 45726 - 00100
E-Mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Contact No. : +254 20 733619