MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING
PEOPLE OF INDIAN ORIGIN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY
MIDDLESEX ASIAN BUSINESS ASSOCIATION
The people of Indian Origin Chamber of Commerce and Industry (hereafter referred to as PIOCCI) is a not-for- profit public-private initiative incorporated on 6th October 2003 and is registered at 22, Cross River Mall, Near Karkardooma Courts, Delhi, 110032, India. With an intention to facilitate the economic engagement of Overseas Indians with India, PIOCCI has a mandate to: promote Overseas Indian Investment into India and facilitate business partnership; establish and maintain a Diaspora Knowledge Network; function as a clearing house for all investment related information; assist Indian State to project to PIOs and NRIs. The PIOCCI is governed by a Council of prominent Overseas Indians, Industry leaders and senior policy makers of the Government.
Middlesex Asian Business Association (hereafter referred to as MABA) of Suite 430, Legacy Business Centre, Legacy House, Hampton Road, West Feltham, Middlesex. TW13 6DH looks to unite regional Asian business associations from across the UK with one voice to represent them on issues of national importance such as legislation and government relations. MABA is made up of a board of regional association members from across the country. MABA is here to provide its members with information and advice on anything of interest – from starting a business through to selling goods or services. MABA wants to go one step further and seeks to partner with other organisations both in the UK and abroad for the benefit of its members. MABA also intends to bring together to MABA in helping members to expand their commercial base.
Both PIOCCI and MABA believe that there is considerable scope for mutual cooperation about information exchange and business opportunities, to further their objectives and mandate. The PIOCCI and MABA agree as follows:
- PIOCCI will support MABA in addressing the queries of its members relating to doing business in/with India
- MABA will regularly share a list of potential investors who are interested in doing business in/with India, with PIOCCI and its Governing Council.
- To facilitate visits of business delegations of both organisations and support in the organisation of programs, meetings, conferences, etc., as deemed appropriate.
- To facilitate one-to- one interaction between representatives of business and government in India, and Europe.
- To support promotional activities of both organisations, on mutual consent. PIO CCI would seek the support of MABA in promoting PIOCCI website, publications, newsletters and business events such as PIOCCI Diaspora Engagement Meets.
- To conduct joint studies / surveys / events in areas of mutual interest.
- To disseminate information on economic opportunities in India.
- The websites of both the organisations will be linked.
This Memorandum of Understanding is entered into in 13th Pravasi Bhartiya Divas, Gandhinagar, and Gujarat on 9th January 2015. This agreement will be valid for the period of 3 years from the date of signing, and will be renewed, after that on mutual consent.