Aims and Objectives
PIOCCI is working to facilitate Diaspora connect and interaction with :
- Various ministries and arms of the Central Government
- State Governments and local authorities
- Legal and Statutory bodies
- Non-Government Organizations that are effectively engaged in path breaking socio-economic initiatives
- Indian businesses, especially SMEs, for mutually beneficial business tie ups.
- Diaspora from different countries amongst themselves using India as the pivot
People of Indian Origin Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PIOCCI) is a not-for-profit initiative. It was registered as a national society on October 6, 2003 in Delhi under Societies Registration Act of 1860. PIOCCI registered office is located in central Delhi at Pravasi Bhavan, 50, Deen Dayal Upadhyay Marg, opposite the headquarters of Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
PIOCCI seeks to explore new dimensions on showcasing and building economic partnerships between India and its Diaspora. With a strong base of entrepreneurs, leaders and NGOs that enjoy a rich and vast network in India and overseas, PIOCCI is poised to project a multitude of dimensions of how NRIs and PIOs could become part of India’s fast-paced growth and development across sectors. PIOCCI aims to act as a platform to connect and catalyze a regular interaction with the diaspora spread in more than 150 countries.
Why PIOCCI? Our USP
Indian diaspora has many organizations in all parts of the world. However, these associations are mostly local, sub-national or national. These organizations do not have footprint in India or other regions of the world.
PIOCCI seeks to bridge that gap. PIOCCI offers Indian diaspora a bridge to do business in India as also around the world. PIOCCI has chapters in all Indian states. It also has presence and activities in more than 50 countries.